Nav bar

Makes          Bakes          Wears          Talks

Sunday 26 October 2014

Halloween Decorations on a Budget

Anyone who knows me knows that I love all holidays, and go all out no matter what. I am already planning the Christmas decorations for my flat, and always wait with baited breath for paperchase to bring out its valentines day themed stationary. Halloween is no different, whether my boyfriend likes it or not and this all came to about £15 including the pumpkins, so I thought I'd share my decorating tips and resources with you, aren't you lucky.


Apologies for the terrible quality of this photo (that dresser cost me a whole £10 on ebay)


Links for graphics below, and teeny tiny clothes pegs are from the works 


The skull money box and pumpkin fairy lights are from home bargains (obviously, I live in Liverpool) and the bats are from Morrison's, the dead flowers are the result of my laziness, but creepy none the less


DIY creepy candles (instructions below)


So many pumpkin guts were produced in the carving of these pumpkins, pumpkin by the pound. Soup and seed recipes to follow, watch this space.



For the spooky candles you will need:
  • Church candles, mine are from home bargains
  • A small red candle of any description, I used the last remnants of an apple scented candle
  • A jar
  • A spoon
Break up your red candle and place in the jar, place your jar in a pan of boiling water over a medium heat and stir until the wax has completely melted

Use your spoon to dribble the red wax around the edge of your candle until you've reached your desired effect and you're done!





The Graphics I used are available here (except the cute little witch, as I can't find where I found it)

No comments:

Post a Comment