Nav bar

Makes          Bakes          Wears          Talks

Monday 27 October 2014

Pumpkin Guts Feast: Silky Spiced Pumpkin Soup and Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds.

So you've gotten into the spirit of Halloween and carved your Jack O' Lantern,but now you are elbow deep in pumpkin guts with no idea what to do with them. No fear, I am here to help. 

I have been carving pumpkins for as long as I can remember, whether it be at the childminder's when I was little, at home with my mum and little sister, and now with my boyfriend in my own flat. I have also grown up with pumpkin soup cooked by my mum at this time of year, and so naturally I have carried on this tradition, especially as the weather is colder, and both me and James love a warming bowl of soup for lunch. Today I also tried my hand at something new, and roasted off the seeds from my pumpkins, and it wasn't the disaster I thought it would be, and now I have a great snack to munch on for the next week. This is going to be a picture heavy post, so scroll down for the recipe. 

Three pumpkins left me with all of this
Look at it in all of its stringy glory
I don't know about you, but I think this looks so pretty,the picture does it no justice so I guess 
you'll just have to try this for yourself
This is the colour you are aiming for
So 70s 
Now it feels like autumn
 Who needs a pumpkin spiced latte, when you can have spiced pumpkin soup?


For the pumpkin seeds I used a recipe from Simply Recipes, and added a sprinkle of smoked paprika to give them a BBQ style taste, and here is my soup recipe. I got 5 healthy sized portions out of this recipe and served with a drizzle of soy cream and a sprinkling of seeds.





No comments:

Post a Comment